Amsted Rail is the world’s leading manufacturer of undercarriage and end of car rail components for heavy haul freight rail cars and locomotives. Our company focus for more than a century has been on providing the most innovative products and integrated systems to meet the needs of the global heavy haul freight rail industry.
We have an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer at our Kansas City, KS facility.
Plans and coordinates maintenance of equipment within a department in a proactive fashion to maximize equipment uptime and verifies repairs are effective. Effectively utilizes computerized maintenance management systems. Forms and leads teams to improve plant maintenance capabilities. Accountable for planning and scheduling department maintenance, repair and installation of production machinery and equipment. Schedules daily and weekend/down day maintenance work and maintains an up to date log of work that needs to be accomplished. Provides technical expertise, guidance and leadership for Multi-crafts, Electricians and Mechanics. Major interactions include plant management and supervision, maintenance personnel, vendors, engineers, purchasing, technical services and contractors.
- Four-year college degree in Engineering or a related technical degree.
- Three to five years of direct experience in maintenance functions such as reliability planning/scheduling, reliability engineering, or maintenance supervision.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, CMMS software, and CAD software.
- Develops, implements, and maintains proactive maintenance practices.
- Effectively utilizes CMMS system.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates manpower requirements for department maintenance and equipment repairs to reduce equipment downtime minimize cost and contribute to production efficiencies.
- Develops and implements a maintenance plan that is consistent with the TPM philosophy.
- Determines root cause of equipment failures and implements solutions to eliminate repetitive downtime
- Works with vendors and contractors on maintenance projects
- Continually evaluates effectiveness of PM’s.
- Updates PM’s as needed
- Determines spare parts needs and requisitions necessary parts to meet these needs.
- Performs other duties as required.
Prospective candidates will be evaluated on technical knowledge, the ability to learn, work standards, initiative, innovation, written and verbal communication, problem solving/assessment, and teamwork/collaboration.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
For more than a century, Griffin® has been the proven leader in railroad wheel quality, design and service. We have five wheel plants – four in the US and one in Canada. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions and ESOP employee stock ownership program (100% employee owned).
In addition, we have unique benefits such as:
- Fitness center reimbursement
- Wellness activities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vehicle and Cell Phone discount programs
Amsted Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: