Performance Food Group
The Lead Maintenance Mechanic position will perform the following duties:
- Maintains and repairs all building systems, including forklifts, batteries, battery chargers, HVAC equipment, refrigeration system, dock doors and ramps, sprinkler system, the roof and all electrical services
- Maintains equipment and buildings for long-term use.
- Tests emergency generator.
- Records data from main electrical panels.
- Inspects various equipment and sprinkler systems; record data from inspections.
- Tests sprinkler system’s water flow, tamper switches and sprinkler system alarms.
- Tests fire pump and alarm.
- Inspects all equipment and repair or replace as necessary to avoid down time.
- Inspects, lubricates and cleans condensers and evaporators.
- Performs annual inspections on refrigeration compressors, including change oil and filter, disassemble compressor for internal inspection and align mechanical couplings.
- Inspects and lubricates freezer and cooler doors and performs needed repairs; maintains inventory of repair parts.
- Designs and constructs carpentry items requested by other departments
- Responds to maintenance calls
- Repairs HVAC piping and restroom facilities as needed
- Creates and/or purchase signs; install when needed.
- Maintains knowledge of systems and buildings
- Proficient in mechanical and electrical trouble shooting for warehouse equipment and motorized doors
- Experience with industrial fire protection systems
- Must be available for emergency calls on refrigeration and fire protection systems
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years maintenance experience, preferably in a warehouse environment
- Previous warehouse maintenance experience
- 2-5 years maintenance experience
- Forklift mechanic experience
- Ammonia refrigeration experience
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: